Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pregnancy post ablation.

Hello. I am 41 years old with two teen-agers. I had an Ablation done in 2002 and since then have had absolutely no periods. I recently found out that I am pregnant. I went yesterday for an ultra-sound and the technician said there was no heartbeat and the sac was elongated, leading her to believe that the pregnancy may not be viable. My ob/gyn called this morning to schedule a follow up ultrasound in one week to see if there is any change, but prepared me that considering the high risk situation of a pregnancy post ablation, I would likely end up miscarrying. My question is, would I still be experiencing all the symptoms of early pregnancy, i.e. fatigue, nausea, breast tenderness, if there was no heartbeat or no actual pregancy that was viable?

Sorry to hear about your situation. Even though you have no heartbeat you could be still producing small amounts of pregnancy hormones, normally they are not high enough to create pregnancy symptoms.

Sounds like you have had a missed abortion, meaning you were pregnant and the baby for whatever reason did not grow. Sometimes the body absorbs the pregnancy itself. I am sure your doctor will monitor your blood pregnancy hormone level along with the ultrasound follow up.
My book may be very comforting for you at this time as no matter what when you are informed you are pregnant even though it looks like it is non viable you will go through some emotional trauma. Come visit http://www.PregnancySuccessCoach.com and get your copy. You will be fascinated by the information in it.

No comments: